Monday, April 20, 2009

weekend update

Boy it has been busy for the Hibbard household! Saturday began with Chad and I heading to a workshop in Goshen. We went to a class at La Casa about buying a home. We learned a great deal and it had a lot of great information. We knew having a good credit score was important, but we didn't realize it's basically your whole life if you want to a loan! Thankfully we have a good credit score so if we were to buy a home, we should get a good rate. The class was 6-7 hours. My parents watched both boys and had a fun time with them. ECA had an auction and pasta dinner that night. We all went and I think it went really well. Hopefully ECA was able to raise a lot of money. I think the goal was $15,000-$20,000. Chad and I got home and put the boys to bed and ended up going to bed at 9:30 (which is quite early for us!).
Sunday we had church and had a guest speaker. His name was Mike Cahill. Chad and I had the privilege of hearing him in New Jersey. What a phenomenal speaker and man! He travels all over the country challenging Christians to evangelize and spread the news of salvation to their friends, strangers, family...anyone who doesn't know the truth. His hobbies include..... umm witnessing. It's what he does for fun. He has witnessed to Charles Barkley (his good friend from Auburn University), Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, and on and on. Basically anyone he comes in contact with. He doesn't want autographs, just a conversation. He was excellent and really spoke to Chad and I. Every second, 2 people die. Do I care about those people? Do I care enough to do something about it? We bought both of his books and I am really looking forward to reading them. It made me feel excited to boldly go and talk to people about Christ. What's to lose? It's a win, win scenario everytime!
On our way home from church, we asked Aiden what he learned in class and he replied, "Jesus died on the cross!" It was so cool to hear my child talking about God. We had a great conversation with him on the way home. I pray that he becomes a child of our great God!
While the boys were napping, I looked for birthday gifts for Kian. I can't believe that he is almost 1! He is starting to stand on his own and you can tell that he is starting to think about walking. He still is hardly drinking ever since we cut out the bottle. It makes me a little nervous.
I had to got to church early to practice singing with 3 friends for a luncheon and then Mike spoke again in the evening. It was really busy, but a great weekend.
Right now I'm watching a little girl for the day and she is playing. Aiden is watching "Little Einsteins". Kian is napping! Oh, I forgot something, Aiden didn't get up this morning until past 8 and Kian didn't get up until after 8:30! I got so much done! Yeah!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I meant to write you a tip for the bottle/cup thing. Wyatt took a little while with a cup too. I bought the NUBY cup/bottle. The one I found that had 3 tops a bottle top a cup top and a straw. I eased him from the bottle top to the sippy top. I think I used the bottle one at bedtime and the sippy top other times. It did seem to help. Maybe it will help Kian too. You could also try straw instead of a sippy, maybe he'll like that better.

    ReplyDelete