Tuesday, April 21, 2009

thank heavens for bedtime

Have you ever started off the day and couldn't wait for bedtime? Today was sorta one of those days! Kian had a terrible night last night which meant we had a terrible night of sleep. I accidently woke him up when I checked on him before I went to bed. He screamed for quite some time. So I made him a bottle (which he didn't want) and then laid him back down. Cue the screaming and this time for about 30 minutes. So I get back up and check on him and he falls asleep on me. I put him back down. Cue the screaming for about 35 minutes. So I get back up (is it starting to sound repetitious yet?) and Kian falls asleep on me again. The child would not sleep in his crib. I let him sleep for about 10 minutes and decided that I wouldn't sleep if we did that. Chad sang to him and put him down. Cue the screaming. Finally he fell asleep around 12:50. Yikes. Do ya think we have a strong willed child?? He has been in very clingy mood with me recently. I mean if I leave the room for a second he cries. I'm hoping it's just a stage!
Anyway, that was the night and it sorta carried over to the morning. Aiden woke up in a bad mood, Kian woke up in a bad mood, and I woke up in a bad mood. I lead singing in elementary chapels on Tuesday mornings so I was praying that God would help me to focus. We arrived at the school and into the gym. Aiden was sitting with his friend and Kian was standing alongside one of the chairs. It was about 15 seconds before I was about the go up and the chair Kian was holding on to tipped backwards. Kian fell completely on his head backwards and then the chair fell on top of him. I grabbed him just as I was introduced to go up. He is screaming mind you. I calmed him down and went on up with him in my arms. I start to sing with the kids and realize there is blood running down his mouth. So one of the teachers came up and wiped the blood from his mouth and we continued to sing. He wasn't crying at all and must've bit his lip or something. He has a bruise on his nose, but he's fine. AUGH! What a morning!
The rest of the day was better minus the headache I had. Kian has diarrhea and his first diaper rash. I'm hoping it's not because of the milk he's drinking. The nurse wants me to give him milk from a bottle because he wasn't drinking much from the sippy cup. It's worked, but now at some point I have to wean him again from the bottle! It's better than dehydration though!

No comments:

Post a Comment