Saturday, April 4, 2009

quick trip to Chicago

Yesterday we all drove up to Chicago to drop off my parents at the O' Hare airport. They are visiting Shan and Russ. Aiden loves airplanes and there are MANY at O'Hare. He was in heaven! Everytime he saw one he would comment. You can image how many times he commented! After we dropped off Mom and Dad, we went to Woodfield Mall. We had a great time. The boys did fantastic and it was a great trip. We had planned to go to the Lincoln Park Zoo, but it closed earlier than we thought and it wouldn't of been worth our time. That will be our next visit!

I love Chicago. It is my favorite city. It's large obviously, but clean and it is so pretty! I love all the lights and buildings. It's next to the lake which makes it even prettier!

Have I ever mentioned how much I love my husband? Why am I bringing this up right now? Because he let me get a new camera today! I purchased the exact same one that I had before but I got a great deal for it. The battery is charging as we speak! I am so ready to take pictures!

Tonight Chad is having the JV boys over at my parents house for a party (there is more space). I am making Mexican haystacks and cookies. I think it should be a lot of fun. The final four is on tonight and Chad is just a LITTLE pumped. We are staying overnight there and then going to church the next morning.

Thank you for all who prayed for Chad's mom. She is safe and doing well. For those who didn't hear, Chad's mom lives in Binghamton, NY where the huge shooting rampage was yesterday. She worked in the building next to the American Civic Association (where the shootings occurred). Her building was in lockdown for several hours as they didn't know where the shooter was. The shooter held 20-40 people hostage and eventually turned the gun on himself. Many died yesterday. We pray for the families who were struck by this tragedy, but praise Him that Chad's mom is safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment