Sunday, March 1, 2009

weekend update

Well, life is almost about to slow down. I can't wait for it to slow down. The weekend is almost over and what a week it has been! We had a great time with Courtney. Thanks for coming! Courtney, Aiden, Kian and I went to Fort Wayne for the day on Friday. We left after Kian had his morning nap...which lasted almost 3 hours! We shopped at the mall for a couple of hours and then went to Chad's game in the evening. The boys did pretty well considering they didn't get their normal naps and were out extremely late. Chad's teams both lost, but overall it was a fun day.

The next day Courtney left and we stayed home until Chad's basketball game in the evening. It was his last game for the JV. They've had a very good season and Chad is very proud of them! They played Westville and lost, but played overall pretty well. Their record is 10-8. So I knew with the week that we had, it was a possibility that the boys could have a meltdown at some point. Unfortunately I was right. Right before the end of the game, Aiden lost it. I mean lost it to the point were he had no control. At the same time Kian would cry if I wasn't holding him. I had to discipline Aiden at school which I hate. We left immediately after the game. It was a rough night and I'm very thankful it is over! Sometimes being a mom is very difficult and God continues to show me where I fall short. Having patience can be very hard and I get frustrated when I fail. Last night I failed. I just wanted them in bed (which subconsciously they wanted to). Motherhood is a journey I love being on, but is difficult as well.

Today we were in nursery at church and then came home and put the boys in bed for a nap. Now I'm going to grade papers for my health class while Chad is watching his Celtics play!

1 comment:

  1. HA! I didn't know you had a blog! Welcome to the blogging world:) I'll check in from time to time....

    ReplyDelete