Thursday, March 5, 2009

Oh temper temper!


Kian is getting quite the personality. He is a very strong minded little boy! The other day I was holding his bottle about 3 feet from him and told him to come to me...he wouldn't. He wanted me to pick him up. He screamed and screamed and screamed! He would start to come and then sit up and scream...really very few tears, but a whole lot of anger! It took about 10 minutes of screaming for him to finally give in. This is a new ball game for us. Aiden is not at all like this. Aiden is our little manipulater, but doesn't have a huge temper. Kian already throws himself down when he's angry. I also don't know if he feels pain. Aiden has just about done everything to the kid and he very rarely cries. He's going through a clingy stage right now. Yesterday at church we put Kian in nursery and he screamed for 15-20 minutes. No tears again mind you...just anger. Pray for us as we try and help Kian.


I told Chad the other day how much we have to be careful of our reactions because Kian will see it and mimic it. I told him while he was screaming awhile back, "you better be an amazing leader some day!" I know that strong willed kids can be very difficult, but later on in life it can be such a great quality. I want my boys to be strong men and leaders for Christ. I don't want them swayed by other people; but, the process can be very hard of teaching them.


Kian is 10 months old tomorrow! I can't believe how old he is! He is standing and walking along all of the furniture and talking nonstop. He babbles constantly. We just noticed he got his third tooth and it's on the top! We can see his bottom teeth start to come in, but they haven't broken through yet. Chad keeps telling me how much he needs a haircut, but I just can't bring myself to cut it yet! We call him our human garbage disposal. He makes lots of sounds when he eats, it's so cute! He eats so much! I'm thinking he's going through a growth spurt....again. He and Aiden get along great. Aid is a fantastic big brother. Recently, Aid is picking up Kian, which doesn't work out so well for Kian. A new rule has been implemented at our house of no more picking Kian up (given because of the fall Kian took today).

No comments:

Post a Comment