Monday, March 23, 2009

discipline

Aiden is officially in the "why" stage. Recently everything has been, " why mommy?". Yesterday we were at church in the commons area and Aiden disobeyed Chad and Chad asked him what he just did and Aiden replied with a really cute smile, "spankin'?" Immediately after saying that he leaned in to me with a big smile and continued to lean until he touched my forehead with his . Then he shook head so his nose kept touching mine all the time with a big smile on his face. The closer he got the more I laughed. He is so good at manipulating a situation! By the end I was laughing so hard I was crying. He knew exactly what he was doing and I couldn't help but laugh.
However today was not so much fun. He is really struggling with his mouth. He is constantly questioning me or speaking roughly. Our pastor on Sunday talked about speaking sweetly and that has challenged me to really focus on my words and teaching Aiden to speak nicely. We are trying to teach him but it can be very hard and it doesn't seem to work right now any way. Aiden's personality is very structured and at times can be a little obsessive. He loves watching movies right (movies to him are a show on the Disney channel) and Aunt Pat came over to visit and he spoke so meanly to her. He didn't want her to talk to him or watch the show because he was watching it. I turned it off and told him that he couldn't watch it anymore because of his words and he lost it. I sent him to his room where he continued to lose it. I told him that it makes God sad when he talks like that, to which Aiden again replied, "why mommy?" I just hope he gets it someday and that we have the consistency he so very badly needs.
The other day Aiden and Kian were playing downstairs and Aiden was hitting golf balls and I heard him say, "it's okay Kian it's okay. You're okay." I went downstairs and Aiden was hitting balls right in front of Kian and Aid had hit Kian in the face with a golf ball. Kian didn't even cry. So we had a little chat about that.
Our life has been very boring recently. March madness has officially begun so we have watched a lot of basketball. Go UNC!

No comments:

Post a Comment