Tuesday, March 10, 2009

exercise

Why is it so difficult to exercise on a regular basis? I am trying to exercise about 5 days a week. Man, some days are like pulling teeth trying to get myself motivated! I know the benefits... I mean I'm a health teacher for crying out loud! I wish I there was an easy way to lose weight and become fit! Why is discipline so difficult? I wish I was a more disciplined person...in every area: shopping, exercise, cleaning, cooking and eating well, spending time with God....basically every area I wish I was more disciplined. So I am going to really try to become an overall more disciplined person this next month. How you might ask? I am going to write down all the areas I want to be more disciplined in: eating well, exercise, and spending more time with God will be the first 3 commitments. Everyday I am going to write down my goals and then at the end of the month I will evaluate it. Wish me luck!
Today at our local (terrible) mall, our church was involved in giving a week of food to families in need. There were several churches involved. I think about 6,000 vouchers were given out and today the families came and picked up their food. I was in the area during the hours of pickup and watched the huge lines of cars trying to get into the mall. It was very humbling seeing the mass of people who couldn't easily provide food for their families. It is very easy to complain about life...I do it way to much. Times are very tough around here, pretty much around everywhere. God has blessed us so much. In both of our families, no one has lost their jobs. We are able to still provide for our families and we don't have to worry where the food is going to come from. That is huge! Praise God! And yet I find myself complaining and upset about things that really don't matter! How stupid is that? Why don't I focus on the many things God has given me and focus on the people who I can help? I wish I would see people through God's eyes instead of my own. I have been trying to look people in the eye and smile when I walk past them and have found that it is a challenge for me. I tend to feel self-conscious and inferior. Why? I have the love of God to share and I feel self-conscious? That just seems so, I don't know, uncaring. I pray that God changes my heart to love people all the time and to focus on all the joys in life.
Anyway, after that little rabbit trail, Aiden said some really cute things and I need to write them down before I forget them. We were out today and a man helped us clean up a mess Aiden created and I told him, "tell the man thank you Aid". He looked at the man and said, "Thank you man!" Aiden is continually going up to strangers and asking them their names. A couple of weeks ago he went up to a homeless man and began talking to him. He is able to break down so many walls! Anyway, Chad and I were in the mall walking with the boys and we found something in JCPenney for my dad. Chad and Aiden paid for it while I kept walking with Kian. Aiden asked the lady her name. She replied, "Patty". Aiden can't always pronounce everything correctly and proceeded to talk to "Potty" and address her as "Potty" many times. Chad tried and tried to correct, but to no avail! Aiden said goodbye to potty and off they walked.

No comments:

Post a Comment