Friday, May 29, 2009

mountains and valleys


God is so good to us. Really. He is just a truly incredible God. Yesterday I had an appointment with La Casa. Chad and I are trying to get into a savings program there. We had our first appointment a while back and qualified for the program. Well, the man (San) I met with was so nice. As we were talking he told me of another federal program that expires in September. On of the ladies in the program had to drop out and San was looking for another family to fill in the spot. He wanted to give the spot to us. The basic jist is, that we have to give $1,600 up front and we will get $8,000 from the gov't to help with home renovations. (It's the same basic program we were hoping to get into, but it would have taken 4 years of saving to get the money, instead we get it all by September). This means we can do our home improvements this fall instead of in 3-4 years! San told me, "your prayers were answered huh?" I told him, "you have no idea!" We have really praying that God would provide for us and that we would make the best decisions regarding money. We are so excited at this possibility! On the way home I was thinking about the goodness of God and how He continues to be faithful.

Later that night we heard some very discouraging news regarding a close family member. I remember thinking, "Why would God bless us and then allow this to happen to them?" My mind went back to the goodness of God. That goodness is there all the time, not just when something goes well for me. I don't understand why God does some of the things He does and why He allows what He allows. However, that's okay. God is going to do what is BEST for us and will ultimately bring Him glory. I am so glad that I can trust my Savior and that He knows what's best for us. This year has been difficult for us in a few ways and we didn't understand why certain things were done. However, without that, we would not be where we are now, ready to move and change careers.
Anyway, this week has been filled with appointments and trying to finish grades for school. Last weekend Chad's dad and stepmom visited. We had a great time with them! Kian was phenomenal. Seriously, it was as if he completely changed. Not that he was bad before, but he was so happy and not clingy to me. I am hoping that stage is over! Both of the boys didn't get all of their naps each day and this week is a bit of rehab for them. We went to the zoo on Monday and it was a lot of fun. Quote of the day? Aiden was in the petting zoo with goats and one of the goats started to go potty. Aiden saw it and said, "Mommy, the goat is losing it's beans!" (I don't think he realized they pooped pellets) I laughed so hard!

Kian is starting to walk! He has taken about 5 consecutive steps. I think it will still be a couple of weeks before he consistently is walking, but he is getting there! He had his year check up yesterday. He is getting so old! He did not like the shots oh so much!

Today is the last day of school! I am so proud of Chad! It's hard to believe that this is his last day at ECA.

Here are some recent pictures of the boys:








No comments:

Post a Comment