Thursday, February 19, 2009

oh the joys of motherhood

I absolutely love being a mom; however, there are times when we have to do some not so fun things. Case and point, before going to bed I always check on the boys...just because I'm anal. When I went into Kian's room I smelled this nasty odor, which then caused me to shut the door. I had a decision to make: do I change his poopy diaper and thus wake him up, or do I let him sleep in it? The answer was easy for me...I had to change him. I got the wipes and diaper and lifted him out of bed, only to realize that this was not poop. Kian had vomitted all over everything and apparently never woke up. I do believe vomit is the worst smelling odor on the planet by the way. At dinner Chad and I had commented that Kian never acts like he is full...he always will eat. Well, I guess he ate too much. I woke up Chad who was exhausted and went to bed early and I got to work cleaning up the mess. Kian woke up and was in a delightful mood...just having a great cat nap. So after cleaning up his crib, I gave Kian a bath. Of course Kian loves bath time and thought he should be able to play. Let's just say it took a while for him to fall back asleep last night, meaning I didn't sleep much either. At least he acts fine today and is now taking a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment