Thursday, March 11, 2010

Do they ever stop growing up?

Aiden today has his first meeting with his new preschool teacher. He is being screened to see what he knows, how he handles leaving me (I am the one who will struggle more I think) etc. He is soooo excited. He talks about it every day. It's hard sometimes to see your kids grow up. Mind you, as they get older, I love each stage more and more, but it's a little weird knowing Aiden will be with other people for hours at a time every stinkin day! It makes me wonder if we've prepared him enough for school. There are so many things I want him to "get" before he starts this new journey. I'm scared about all sorts of things, such as peer pressure, Aiden being a friend to everyone, kids being mean etc. I know that I just have to trust God with Aiden and pray for his protection and growth. It's just a weird feeling.
Aiden was measured and weighed the other day. He is 43 1/2 pounds (90%) and 42 inches tall (75%). He is huge! He is officially at the "annoy Kian" stage. He has never been one to try and annoy Kian, but I think that has changed. Aiden now will take a toy that he knows Kian wants and will hold it out to Kian and say, "do you want it Kian, huh?". Then he will pull it back in and play with it. Kian does not find this very humorous. At ALL. Overall, he is fantastic with Kian, but sibling rivalry has begun!
Kian is talking up a storm. He still prefers to scream to try and get what he wants, but we are working on that one! His newest phrase is "no way." I don't know why the child likes to say "no way" more than "yes", but that's Kian! He more uses it with Aiden. It's very cute when he says it. Thankfully he hasn't said it to us as a response to something we've asked him to do.
I am so thankful for the ability to stay hom with my boys and be able to see all of these things! I thank God for a husband who works hard to provide for us!
The boys found the pots and pans.
Kian thought it was a hat.

It's hard to see in this picture, but you can sort of see his cut from biting through his lip. It's all the way to the left of his lip (right in the shadow).

My Aiden! Such a happy go lucky little boy!

I LOVE these boys!

1 comment:

  1. didn't know you had a blog. cute! the boys are getting so big! I always think it's unbelievable that kids born the same time as Lizzy are big brothers/sisters now. She is such a baby still. guess she'll always be. hope you guys are doing well.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete