Wednesday, December 16, 2009

update

All is well here in Auburn! We have had a great Christmas season (so far). It has been very neat to see Aiden really get into the Christmas spirit. This is the first year he has really enjoyed it and has asked so many questions regarding Christmas. He seems to be growing up so darn fast and I just want it all to slow down! Yesterday after he woke up from his nap, he asked me if we could just sit on the couch and share a blanket. It was so sweet! It is hard to believe that he is almost 4 years old. He is still a daddy's boy though. He is in love with his daddy. I could not be happier with that! Chad is a fantastic father and truely loves being with his boys.
The boys love going to Chad's basketball games. It's a bit stressful though. Watching 2 very active boys and at the same time trying to watch a basketball game can be a little difficult. Chad's team is quite young and has been hammered by injuries. All is all they are doing great, but there have been lots of challenges!
This last week I had the volleyball team over and we decorated sugar cookies and then made plates of various cookies for shut-ins and other various people. We had a great time delivering cookies and it was a very humbling time for me. These elderly women were gems. Not only were they godly woman, they had a way about them that made me want to stay and talk to them, as if I'd known them for years. I wanted to hear their stories of their lives and listen to their advice. They encouraged ME, even though we were trying to encourage them. They were leaving such a godly heritage. I was once again aware what a great family I have. I am so thankful for the legacy my parents have left for me and my children. I always want my kids to know ALL their grandparents and see them often and see how they live.
It's been a little hard for me not seeing all of my family this year. I miss all of the laughs and special memories of us all being together. Part of me is afraid that the relationships won't grow and we'll become distant. But then I realize that God has placed us all at different places and as much as I would like us to all live nearby, that isn't going to happen (at least not right now). It takes effort to keep relationships going; however, its an effort I want to give! Now that we have moved, it's hard to continually keep in touch with people...even though I want to. Life just sorta happens.
I have been in a very contemplative mood recently. I feel as though I am constantly evaluating myself. I have learned quite a bit and am working through lots of stuff. I am so thankful for a God who hears me when I'm feeling irritated and irrational and is patiently molding me into a better wife, mother, and child of God. I am definitely a slow learner and that really frustrates me! I want to "get it" quickly.
I am still struggling a little with not having much of a network of friends here. At times it's hard being a stay at home mom and not having women to get together with or someone to watch the boys if I want a haircut or have an appointment. Still we have much to be thankful and that's what I must choose to focus on.
Our Christmas will be quite busy. Tuesday after Chad's game we are going to my parents for Christmas and then Christmas Eve are leaving for Rochester, NY to spend Christmas with his family. We'll come back the 30th and then he has a basketball tournament on the 2nd and then we'll celebrate Chad and Aiden's birthday on the 3rd! We hope you all have a very merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment