Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I love Christmas!


When decorating for Christmas, my sister gave me the idea of hanging ornaments from the boys room to get them excited about it too. I love it! This is Kian's room.

This is Aid's room.
Dining room table centerpiece. That's our new clock and light fixture too.


Our tree!

Seriously, it's my favorite holiday! Each year I can't wait to put up the Christmas decorations and listen to Christmas music. I love trying to find gifts my family would love and it's such a great time to focus on what Christ did for us. It's just....ahhh...delightful. Not to skip Thanksgiving... that's important too!

We had a great Thanksgiving! Chad's mom was visiting from NY and we spent the day at my Aunt Anne's. There were probably around 25 of us gathering around the food! It was quite relaxing and just nice to catch up with everyone. Chad and I have so much to be thankful for! Even though every year we have so much to be thankful for, this year seems even more so. At a time where the country is in a recession, our family was been blessed! We were able to purchase our first house, pay off Chad's braces, Chad took a new position at a new school, we have been very healthy, and so on. God has been so gracious to us!
The day after Thanksgiving, I decided to venture out on Black Friday to shop. I had a blast! Some places like Target I literally walked in, saw the lines, and walked out. However, the mall traffic wasn't too terrible and neither were the lines. I got some fantastic deals and am pretty much done with my shopping! The best thing about the whole thing was that I was able to do it by myself! I am usually with the boys when I am shopping and hence can't focus or spend time doing what I want. It was actually a relaxing day for me!
The boys are doing great! Aiden continues to grow like a weed. He has been wearing his size 4 levis for about 4 months now and they are almost too short for him now. Hard to imagine he's now almost in size 5! He just is getting huge! I can't believe that he will be 4 in January! I think he is quite ready to go to preschool. I know he will love it! Kian still won't say mommy. He says momma (but doesn't call me that). Any time I ask him to say mommy, he says daddy. Oh well, someday I will probably wish that he didn't know how to say mommy! He loves to get into everything (including the christmas tree) and is getting very good at playing by himself. Aiden did not accomplish this feat until about 6 months ago! Kian is still my lash out/temper child. Oh boy, he has a doosey! However, he also is such a cuddler and a joy. He is definitely all boy! Everyday they bring so much life to our family.

1 comment:

  1. your house looks so nicely decorated for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete