Friday, August 6, 2010

craziness!

What a crazy week! Volleyball started for me this week. Practice were from 8-12 everyday, which meant it was actually 7:30-12:30 for me. Practice went really well, however, it was a hard week for me. I really struggled sleeping this week. I think my mind was on volleyball a lot and how to best schedule practice, who to have on varsity etc. Being pregnant and coaching volleyball is definitely difficult too. My allergies have been bad and I've tried to not take much, I've also been pretty nauseous this week too. The hardest thing though is being very tired. I get home and all I want to do is sleep. Only problem is, that's when my job actually starts! I am finding it difficult to get housework, laundry, etc done. Chad also is extremely tired with trying to finish grad school assignments. He has had multiple 2am nights and can't really sleep in because he has to watch the boys. His deadlines are in 9 days, so pray for us these next 9 days! He is working so hard! I am not in anyway trying to complain, that is just our life right now. God is giving us what we need and we realize we just need to get through the next 2 weeks.
Kian yesterday gave himself a nice black eye from falling off the couch and hitting our floor lamp. Oh, did I mention that I was sitting next to him, was letting him sit on the arm of the couch and then wasn't fast enought to catch him? I didn't feel like a great mom after that one! Aiden is basically counting down the days until school starts. I asked him what he was looking forward to the most and his reply was, "writing my own name" and "playing on the playground". We went back to school shopping for the first time (I sorta have a lump in my throat writing that). He was most excited to buy his very own pair of scissors. He is such a boy! It's hard to believe that he is starting this journey and will be on it for about 17 years (if he continues with college). All moms tell me how quickly it goes and that is SO TRUE! Pretty soon he will be reading and playing sports (if he wants). I am so thankful for my little man and am excited to what this next chapter holds for him.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you Laura, God will bless you and keep you safe as you coach and for your little one growing inside!

    ReplyDelete