Thursday, May 27, 2010

opportunities

I know, I know... 2 posts in one day?? Chad and I had an interesting opportunity tonight and I wanted to write about it before I forgot everything. Tonight at about 8:15 we had a knock at the door. Chad was out mowing the lawn and Kian and I were in the living room. I quickly became nervous seeing two young men at the door. I am quite cautious when it comes to opening doors to strangers. However, I opened the door and these two guys were from the University of Georgia going around talking to people about developing their children and preparing them for school etc. They wanted to come in and talk. I first got Chad and he met them on the driveway and then they came in to "chat". It was such a neat experience. First of all, these guys are actually trying to sell books for preschoolers and elementary kids. The books are awesome. Secondly, these guys travel (pay for all their expenses) around house to house, city to city, state to state basically trying to help pay for college. Throughout the conversation, we realized the guys (Leo and Matt) hadn't eaten all day and had hardly had a drink even. We were able to give them food and drink and just really encourage them. It was so neat. In talking we brought up God and Baptist Bible college. It was just so NEAT! I feel as though we listened to the Holy Spirit and even though nothing really happened spiritually, I don't know, I guess I feel as though we ministered to THEM. My heart is very full knowing we took advantage of an opportunity. I wish that I would listen more often! I pray that Leo and Matt would someday come to a saving knowledge of Christ and I hope that we were able to plant a seed tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment