Monday, May 17, 2010

God's protection

Tonight I am thanking God for His protection over Kian this afternoon. We were at my parent's this weekend and today we went to ECA to visit some friends. In one of the classrooms there was a canister of lifesavers. Thinking nothing of it, I gave one of each of the boys. A couple of minutes later, Kian started making some sounds. My friend Beccah told me that he was choking. I grabbed him trying to hit his back to dislodge it. That didn't work and then my friend Tara told me to turn him upside down. That caused him to vomit, but the lifesaver stayed lodged in his throat. He was able to cough a little and was screaming when he had the air to do that. It seemed as though he was able to cry, but not take breaths in. Tara went out to the hallway and the school nurse happened to be walking by. She came in and tried to help. A minute or so later, Kian swallowed it and was fine. I am so thankful for many things: 1. Aiden was not aware anything was going on 2. We all stayed perfectly calm throughout the whole thing (I don't think it really hit me until tonight). 3. The school nurse (who teaches CPR and the heimlech) was walking by even though her office is on the other hallway. 4. I had gotten certified 2 weeks ago in adult and child CPR and heimlech. 5. Kian is totally fine. THANK YOU GOD!

1 comment:

  1. Scary! Good thing the nurse just "happened to be walking by" :) Our God is good!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete