Thursday, January 7, 2010

heavy heart

Today I write this blog with a heavy heart. It seems as though so many people are hurting right now. Some good friends of the family have been struggling for several days with health. Steve, the dad, went to the hospital with a torn aorta and things have just snowballed from there. He is battling for his life right now in northwestern hospital in Chicago. It was so sudden and fast.
I also just found out about a good friend from high school who just lost her 3 month old son last night. My heart literally breaks for her. I am crying as I write this. She put Graham down for a nap and he never woke up. I don't understand God. Why? Why does God allow things like this to happen? I feel overwhelmed with sadness for these families but I KNOW God is in control and knows what He is doing. Please keep the Alberts and the Bogue-Carpenter families in your prayers! They really need it right now!
It makes me want to hug my kids a little tighter right now and realize life is precious and short.

No comments:

Post a Comment