Wednesday, June 23, 2010

date night

Generally when I talk about date night, it is in reference to Chad and I. Last night, however, Aiden and I went out on a date night. We went and saw Toy Story 3 and then went to Friendly's. We had such a good time and I am so glad that I did this with him! After the movie, Aiden commented, "that movie was beautiful mom." He is so stinking cute. It's hard for me to believe that my oldest is going to be in school. I look at past pictures and just think, "where did the time go??" I know he is ready socially to go to school, however, I have nagging doubts that Chad and I haven't prepared him well enough. I don't know if it's possible to prepare your child enough. I guess I have to completely hand him over to God and trust that God will protect him. I'm learning that is not an easy thing to do! I can't imagine having to take him to college!
We are having a great time here at BBC. This morning was spent playing golf, going to the game room and walking to the pond. After naps we are going to the local park that has sprinklers that the boys can run through. Continue to pray for Chad. He is swamped this work and also is quite tired. I'm trying to get out of the dorm as much as possible just to let him have a quiet environment to work in. I know he will get it done, I just think he is a little overwhelmed. This class is not extremely interesting to him either (it's called "Philosophy of Curriculum"). So if you think of it, pray for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment