Monday, April 12, 2010

Springtime!

It's amazing how my countenance is able to change just from going outside and feeling the sunshine on my face. I love spring. It is becoming my favorite season. I love not having to wear winter coats, and seeing flowers grow, and everything else that comes with spring!
Since we bought the house at the end of September, we have yet to see what landscaping is going to need to be done. Well let me tell you, it's a lot! I have never been in charge of a yard and I think I will enjoy it someday, but right now, it seems pretty overwhelming! I mean, I am not educated on this AT ALL. I am just starting to learn what different plants are and I feel lost, lost, lost! I am looking for some low maintenance plants and flowers that aren't extremely boring (like evergreens). Anyone have any ideas?? I just bought 2 rhodendrum plants and need a couple of plants that will be in mostly shade. The next big project outside will be to make all of the mulch the same. We have about 4-5 different types of mulch, stone, bark and you name what else, around our house. I would like to take and switch some of it for stone. It's not my favorite, but I think it's pretty low maintenance. I also need to replace the plastic sheet under the mulch. I don't think it should take a whole lot of money, but it will take lots of hours!
The boys seem to be on the mend. I had 2 whole nights this week where no one woke up at night! It's been a while since that has happened! My knee also seems to be doing well. I have been able to run 5 miles since hurting it and my knee seems fine.
This weekend was filled with watching the Masters tournament. We were all so excited that Phil Mickelson won! Well, all of us but Aiden. Aiden was sitting on the ground with his head buried in a pillow and crying. Literally, he had tears streaming down his face. Why you ask? He wanted Tiger to win! Can we say dramatic? Aiden wasn't even watching most of it! I really think he could be a very good actor seeing that he already can make himself cry! He is something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment