Wednesday, August 19, 2009

update

Sooo, it's been a while huh?! Sorry. Life has been a little hectic for us recently! Volleyball has officially begun. This week alone my team had games Mon, Tues, practice tonight, game tomorrow, practice Fri, and tourney Sat. It's crazy! We won our first game on Monday and lost our game yesterday. It's been going very well so far!

Chad started teaching today! He was so nervous. We were up until past midnight last night doing lesson plans and getting rules and procedures down etc. I know he will do a great job! The elementary principle up and took another job a week ago which SHOCKED everyone. She is staying for a month to help get the school year started. Because of this, the administrator has asked Chad to consider being in charge of all of the discipline for the elementary this year. Chad has decided to take it. He went back and forth about it, but thought he could be very good at it. Not to mention it looks good on a resume (not that we are looking). He will still be teaching all elementary PE, but during his free time will deal with any discipline issues.
The house is still in holding pattern. Please pray that we close before September 30! I will be just sick if we don't! I talked to our landlord today and he told me (quite nicely) that the people downstairs from us had complained about the pounding/jumping noises that the boys make. I felt so badly about it! It has been very difficult to keep the boys not active in the house! They are used to tackling each other (and daddy) and playing and running around. It's hard to keep them quiet! I have decided that I am going to spend a lot more time at parks! I want to be a good testimony to our neighbors and it seems as though everyone is a bit rude (basically we are just ignored). I don't know if they have told their friends that we are loud or whatever, but I feel guilty most of the time. Kian is struggling right now too. He is screaming quite a bit and is pretty clingy most of the time. How do I parent the way that we feel is best (letting him cry/scream) and still be a good neighbor? I feel as though Kian is getting his way more than I want him to, which helps no one in the end. I just keep praying that God helps me to be patient! We had the boys pictures taken at Picture People. Kian lasted about 3 pictures before the temper tantrums started. Then...it was just over! Aiden was an angel (like normal) However, we did get a couple of good pics of the boys. Here are a couple of them:


Yesterday we were all in the car going to my volleyball game and Kian was screaming because he did not like the sun in his face. Aiden said the following to him:

"It's okay Kian. Pretty soon we are going to be in the gym and there won't be any sun in the gym. God keeps the sun outside. So it's okay."

It was one of those moments that Chad and I just looked at each other and smiled. So precious! A couple of days ago Kian was crying in the car again and Aiden said, "It's okay Kian. Here, let me give you a hand." I looked in the backseat and Aid and Kian were holding hands. Kian was looking at Aiden and smiling. It was the cutest thing! I got my camera out and tried to take a picture of it.

We really are doing pretty well. We are going to visit a different church this Sunday. We have been going to Lakewood's church, but have decided to visit a couple of other ones. We miss all of our friends and family at Elkhart. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment