Monday, July 12, 2010

busy weekend!

I guess that I haven't written in a little while so today is just going to be a summary of the week's event's. This last week Chad took a Philosophy of Coaching class. He was really looking forward to it. He loved the class and the professor. It was a great week!

Last Monday, Kian woke up with a fever. I knew he was sick, but didn't have a thermometer here to check his temp. I went to the athletic trainer and he had one to stick in Kian's ear. Kian's temp was about 104 and then proceeded to vomit about 4 times right on me. So there I am in BBC's gym holding my little boy with vomit all over me. It was not a fun experience. Kian wasn't responding and was very lethargic. It kinda freaked me out, even though I'm not really the freak out mom type. One of the professor's husband was an EMT, so he came over and checked Kian out. By the evening, Kian was much better and by Tuesday night, he was fine. However, I realized that I do NOT enjoy having the kids sick when I am not at home.

Wednesday, the boys and I went to some friends of ours in Delaware. Chris and Carrie Morris lived in Elkhart for a few years and we all graduated from BBC. So Aiden, Kian and I had a great time being with Carrie and her family and the Geshay family. My family grew up with the Geshay's and it was so neat to catch back up with them. It had a been years since I had seen them all. On Thursday, Carrie, her son Wyatt, and the 3 of us went to the Philly Zoo. Even though it was about 98 degreess, we had a great time! The boys loved all of the animals. Kian especially loved the turtles and Aiden liked all of the reptiles. I loved the gorillas personally. What a cool zoo!

That evening, we came home and spent the evening with Chad. Sunday all of us and Chad's mom went to Dorney Park. It is an amusement park and a water park in one. I don't know if Aiden and Kian have ever had more fun! There were little kiddie water slides and roller coasters. They had a fantastic time! We all did. Aiden is quite sunburned, but other than that, it was a great day.

The pregnancy so far has been quite good. I really haven't been very nauseous at all, although I have been very tired. I guess that is to be expected chasing 2 little boys around. Aiden the other day told Kian that I had a baby in my tummy and that therefore, he needs to be very careful around my tummy. He said that I am going to need more sleep because there is a baby growing in my tummy. He is so excited about this baby. He tells everyone and can't wait to meet his new sibling! Kian loves to kiss the "baby", but otherwise, doesn't really care. I know that this baby that God is giving us will have 2 great big brothers!

1 comment: