Thursday, July 16, 2009

grad school

I just realized that I haven't even blogged in July! It's hard for me to believe that July is already half over! We had a fantastic time in Florida. The boys had a great time at Disney World and we enjoyed it too! Chad and I are realizing that vacations are really not a vacation for us anymore. For example, we didn't get to go on many of the rides we would of chosen at Disney and that's okay! Aiden and Kian had a great time, but vacations are now about them more often than not.
We flew home from Florida and Chad left the next day for grad school. The boys and I came out a week later to see him. The week was very busy for us! We are still in the process of finding a home to buy in Auburn and I also have been doing open gyms when I am available. The house buying process has been a mess. Right now we are trying to dispute the appraisal we were given to the state director. Hopefully we will find out this week what the decision was. Meanwhile, we have no home in Auburn and need to move in a little over a week. I checked out a couple of options and we are hoping one of them works out! My biggest concern about this whole thing is that we won't be able to buy a house by the middle of September. If we don't, the $8000 from the La Casa program will expire and we will lose the money. I guess I have to keep trusting that the right house is somewhere out there!
Aiden had a wonderful time with his cousins! Shan, Russ and the kids were here for a couple of weeks. It was so great to see Aiden interact with them! He LOVES his cousins and couldn't wait to play with them every day. Kian on the other hand has struggled. We have moved around so much this summer and I don't think Kian has adjusted well to it. I also don't think he likes to be around a lot of people (unlike his brother). Kian tends to be very clingy and cry a lot. I keep hearing that it's a phase...people, this phase is like 8 months long!!! Today has been a much better day with him and he's acting more like himself. He seems to need me much more than Aiden did. Kian is definitely a strong willed child! But he is so great too! Being strong willed is a wonderful trait to have-especially when he's older! Sometimes, it's just difficult now...as many who have raised strong willed children know.
I love being a mom. It is the best job on the earth! I don't know if there is a more fulfilling occupation. However, I do not know how single moms do it. Seriously. I could not do this without Chad.
We leave for Indiana tomorrow after lunch. We are in a suite here at BBC and Chad's mom has been with us for a couple of days. Courtney (Chad's sister) will be arriving in about an hour to spend the day with us. Aiden is just a little excited! We are planning on going mini-golfing and then out to eat. It should be a fun evening! Kian had an interesting night 2 nights ago. He woke up at around midnight and would not fall back asleep until 3:15! My mom suggested that maybe it was because he had chocolate for one of the first times and the caffeine made him wired. He literally was running and playing for about an hour and a half around the middle floor lounge! Needless to say, we both were a little tired yesterday.
Chad is doing great with grad school and is really enjoying his classes. It's been fun to listen to his excitement and hear what he's learning. I think he's going to do a great job teaching PE.

No comments:

Post a Comment