Tuesday, June 23, 2009

weekend update

We are trying to prepare to go on vacation tomorrow. We fly out of Chicago and head to Florida! I am so excited to see my family! I haven't seen most of them since Christmas and we have such a blast together. Aiden has been talking about it for months. I am not so excited about the flight however. How in the world are we going to keep Kian still for 2 1/2 hours??? He's doesn't stay still for 2 1/2 minutes!

Anyway, we have kept ourselves quite busy the last couple days. Yesterday we went to Auburn and looked at more homes as a back up in case the home we are trying to purchase falls through. Where does that stand?? Good question. Apparently the square footage is almost 1,400. The owner never changed the tax card, which means we have to get a new appraisal. The people doing it are dragging their feet tremendously. Would you please pray that we know one way or another if we get the house! If we don't get it, I just want to move on. It just is hard not knowing. I also had open gym for volleyball last night, we had a good time despite lower numbers. Chad spent a lot of the weekend watching golf and was terribly disappointed that Phil Mickelson did not win!

The boys are having a great time here and this is our last day housesitting. Chad and Aiden right now are mini golfing and then Chad is golfing with a buddy. Aiden and I went on our first "date". I took him to see his first movie- "Up". We had a really good time. I can't believe how old he is getting. He doesn't act like a toddler anymore...he's a little boy. He makes us laugh so often, it's great. He and Kian are good buds, but are starting to get on each other's nerves...and so the sibling rivalry begins :)
This last week we took the boys to McDonalds and Aiden ate his first ice cream cone. It was hilarious to watch. Chad has memories of eating ice cream cones with his dad and his dad "helping" a little too much by licking half of the cone. Well, apparently like father like son. Chad licked so much of Aiden's cone to make sure it didn't "drip". It was so funny to watch! Chad of course thinks he hardly had any.

I am so thankful for the father God has given me and the father God has given my boys. Both men are wonderful, godly, funny men. I could not has wished for a better dad. He never wants any recognition, but he deserves it all. He truly is my hero. Chad is the best father I have ever seen! I am so thankful for him! I don't know what I've done to deserve having 2 men like this in my life! Thank You God!
The people that we are house sitting for have a huge dog. Kian quickly befriended him. Aiden is still scared of him, but Kian has absolutely no fear!
Thankfully Denver is a great dog; however, this experience has made me not want one...ever.
Aiden eating his ice cream cone.
Chad looks so innocent doesn't he. I love this picture by the way!

Wait a second...I don't see any dripping!

Aiden right before going into the theater.

Aiden with his 3D glasses on. They would not stay on his face! They were just too big!

No comments:

Post a Comment