Sunday, June 23, 2013

yes, finally an update

Yikes, it's been forever that I have written a post here! Sorry, I have been a little preoccupied recently. Let's see where to begin. A lot has changed for us as a family recently. Chad graduated with his Master's in Education in May and is in the process of finishing his last class... yippee! Chad for the past several years has been the PE teacher at Lakewood Park Christian School. At the end of this school year, our AD had decided that God was leading him elsewhere and left. Long story short, Chad is now the Athletic Director and varsity basketball coach at Lakewood. It is a new position for him and he is very excited about it! He started 2 weeks ago. I wasn't sure that life could get crazier, but I was wrong! He is in the process of adjusting to a very different schedule and we as a family are also trying to make that adjustment. If you think about it, pray for us. Our summer is turning out to be very different than expected, which once again, is ok, just, it's a big transition for us.

I am doing really well. A friend of mine and I started a new ministry at church this past year. It is called MOPS (mother of preschoolers). It's a ministry aimed at young mothers to help refresh and encourage them. We had a great first year and are looking forward to the next year. I also am coaching volleyball again. This is something I didn't think I would be doing again, but God had other plans! I am excited to see what God is going to do this following season! This is another prayer request for us though too. I took this position before Chad knew he would be the AD and now I am nervous especially about the kids for this upcoming season. Pray for a great person to be able to watch our kids during practice and games and that they would adjust well to having me gone a little more.

Aiden is now 7. So crazy that my little boy is now not so little! He absolutely LOVES sports and I mean loves them. His favorite is basketball, but he also loves football and golf. He practices faithfully almost everyday shooting and dribbling. He had a great 1st grade year and we have found that he loves math. Not so much reading, but we are working on that. He is a very confident kid, but by nature is a little more introverted. He loves anything competitive (not sure where he got that one:) ).

Kian is 5 years old and will be starting school this next year. He loves finding joy in life and loves to help others. He has a very soft heart and loves to ask questions. He and Aiden personality wise are pretty much complete opposites. Kian is more extroverted by nature, but has a low self confidence. He makes friends very easily, but is scared of new situations. It will be interesting to see how he does going to school. He just learned to swim and is loving it! Kian favorite sport is tennis, but he also enjoys basketball and golf.

Miss Mia is 2. She is an absolute blast. I am so glad God decided to bless me with a girl. She is one tough little girl and loves to have fun with her brothers, but also loves purses, dollies, and shoes. She can be pretty dramatic at times and currently is in a whiny phase. She is still a momma's girl. She loves to be active and loves having fun. Medically, she is doing GREAT! She hasn't been on an antibiotic for 10 months!!! That is huge considering her first year of life!

As a family, we love to play games together (currently it's Yahtzee and Memory) and love to be active together. This summer we, Lord willing, are going to Atlanta to see a good friend of ours and then vacationing with my whole family too. We are super excited as I haven't seen my nieces and nephews in 2 years! I also get to meet my new niece (Trav's daughter) Bailey, for the first time. We are also hoping to make it up to New York at some point  too.

Ok, so I think I covered most of what's going on, I will try and post more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment